REVERSE, 12min., France, Thriller
Directed by Christophe Lenoir
With the help of her alters, an ex-spy with dissociative identity disorder hatches a plan to get revenge on the one-eyed, the man who tried to kill her.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The idea, the concept. And after the aesthetic
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Generally if I'm producing 1 year for a short. For a feature film, much more time.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Spy Revenge and quantum time
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The editing. I got one version about 26 minutes, but it doesn't work movie was slow. So With the help of my friend -who is my student, we edited a new version, better than the other, and shorter 12 minutes now.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Waouuuuu!!! Amazing, I was so happy to listen their reaction.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
At the beginning, I wanted to be an actor, like Jean-Paul Belmondo. After the screening of "Arizona Dream" from Emir Kusturika, I realized that the main guy in a movie was the director, so I planned to be a director.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Carlito's way from Brian de Palma. Masterpiece
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
First, you're making a great job! And have the opportunity to have this kind of experience, with the audience is just wonderful for a film director. The other point would be to sell the movie and have the opportunity to meet the manager, the studio, the decision makers.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very nice, one of the best platform of the world. All is clear, smart, very efficient!
10. What is your favorite meal?
Thriller, with fish and glass of red vine.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, I won an award for my script "Dark Lens", here in France : A very high concept. A quantum camera that captures people's souls and sends them into a parallel dimension. I would like to make the movie I must find the right decision makers. And sure "Reverse", actually it's a feature movie. This short was just an introduction to the concept and the world of this story.