HORROR Festival 1st Scene: THE FOURTH, by Gabriel Gervais (interview)
1ST SCENE SCREENPLAY READINGS • 3m 40s
While undergoing fertility treatments, a budding psychotherapist becomes embroiled in a conspiracy involving kidnapped women, cryptic symbols, and shocking revelations about her troubled past.
Narrator: Hannah Ehma
Boy: Shawn Devlin
Angie: Kyana Teresa
Get to know the screenwriter:
1.What is your screenplay about?
The Fourth is about a psychotherapist who discovers horrifying secrets about her past during her medically-assisted pregnancy.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The Fourth would make a great psychological thriller exploring potent current themes of motherhood, violence, and radicalisation.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
One year, on and off
7. How many stories have you written?
I have been writing since a young age, from short stories to novels.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
La Boheme by Charles Aznavour
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Time constraints mostly, given as I was writing during the pandemic where juggling work, kids, etc was challenging. Another obstacle is your own inner voice telling you you don't have what it takes, which is often tougher to overcome...
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Medicine, skiing, nature.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Great, easy-to-use platform with a near-endless selection of festivals to choose from. It opened my eyes to all the great lesser-known festivals and competitions out there.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
As I am new to screenwriting, I consider all feedback carefully with the intent of improving my work. The initial feedback was very constructive. The Horror Underground Film & Screenplay Festival seemed like a good place to test whether or not I had the chops.
Up Next in 1ST SCENE SCREENPLAY READINGS
CRIME/MYSTERY Festival 1st Scene: QUA...
Inspired by true events... A homeless Vietnam Vet loses custody of his children and to get them back is forced to take a job with a diverse group of community workers in the middle of a gang war.
Narrator: Hannah Ehman
John: Allan Michael Brunet
Mo: Kyana Teresa
FEMALE Festival 1st Scene: THE PAINTE...
A brilliant art restorer is commissioned by a big fancy British museum to track down and restore a series of rare miniature masterpieces scattered around
Narrator: Steve Rizzo
Curator: Val Cole
Samara: Kyana Teresa
Dusty : Allan Michael Brunet
FEMALE Festival 1st Scene: ALL THAT Y...
A teenager's idyllic life on a German farm is shattered during World War II by a ruthless Soviet invasion that separates her from her family, putting
Narrator: Steve Rizzo
Mildred: Val Cole