A young man contemplating suicide calls a prostitute to keep him company before he commits the act.
Narrator: Hannah Ehman
William: Allan Michael Brunet
Maxine: Kyana Teresa
Get to know the screenwriter:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Cleansing Acts is about a young man who has a long running platonic relationship with a prostitute and then contacts her when he’s preparing to commit suicide.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama and comedy, it’s for the most part a dark comedy.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it would be interesting to see her side of the story and to find out what happens to the two of them.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
There are three, To Kill A Mockingbird, Phantom of the Paradise, and Storm of the Century
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
On and off for seven years
7. How many stories have you written?
I’d say over 50
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Frankly, it isn’t finished because it’s written as a short screenplay and a one-act stage play. But in relation to completing the short, I had little trouble with it. It was one of those that wrote itself.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I can be pretty passionate about politics and making sure the little guy gets a fair shot at things.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
It works quite well and is easy to use and makes keeping track of your entries an easy task.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I love WILDsound and their work and the work they produce. Any feedback is useful if it’s from someone who’s actually reviewed your work and given you constructive feedback, which is what I find to be true at WILDsound.