A gay couple struggles with the challenges of adoption, while a single woman who runs her own business navigates the complexities of an accidental pregnancy.
Narration: Geoff Mays
Claudia: Kyana Teresa
Shari: Hannah Ehman
Get to know the screenwriter:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Azalea is a story about two worlds colliding when a CEO discovers she's accidentally pregnant and decides to give her baby to a gay couple.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This film deals with the struggles of gay adoption and women making choices for their bodies. It's about living your life the way you want no matter what anyone else says.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Toss up between Sister Act and A League of Their Own.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About 4 years now.
7. How many stories have you written?
Dozens. Seriously, there's lots.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Right now my current obsession is P!nk's 'All I Know So Far.'
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
It was difficult to make the main character likable enough.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I love singing and Silent Disco. I love the ocean and hiking. I love board games!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It's such an easy resource to find festivals to submit your work.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I was specifically looking for a LGBTQ festival because of the nature of my script, so was very happy to submit and be selected. It's been great!