An easily obsessed scientists will put his life and relationship at risk to advance his research of parallel universes. Will he make the right choice?
Narrator: Kyana Teresa
Andrew: Geoff Mays
Soha: Elizabeth Rose Morris
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
An Inconsequential Choice tells the story of a physicist on the verge of a monumental breakthrough on quantum physics which will allow him to view and visit parallel universes. However, his discovery will put his relationship at odds as he juggles his passion for his work and the love of his girlfriend. This is a story about how even the most inconsequential choices we make could have a deeper impact in our lives.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Sci-Fi and Drama.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
An Inconsequential Choice has strong, grounded sci-fi script, a very unexpected twist and a solid relationship at it's core that pushes the plot forward.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Very possibly Star Wars: Episode 4, a New Hope. I saw it a couple of times when I was younger, again when the special edition came out, and again with my kids when they were old enough.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Eight short scripts, one of them now a short film; four feature length scripts (two of them in Spanish); and one TV pilot.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Making sure the sci-fi elements are grounded in real science but making it sure that it is still approachable. Beyond that, is finding the time to write while juggling my 9-to-5 job.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Music, cooking and Excel.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It's been an amazing experience. The site is very easy to use, the festival selection is continuously growing and makes it very easy to build contacts.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
An Inconsequential Choice is my second foray into the Sci-Fi genre, but my first in shorts. The opportunity to have a scene read out by professional actors if selected made it very tempting, but also provides a strong presentation card for the script. Moreover, having monthly selections made it sure that the feedback would be prompt. Speaking of the feedback, it was not only extremely thorough but it also provided very good hints to improve it.