Narration by Val Cole
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Being present in the moment. Reconnecting with what it means to be alive.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I became so lost in all of my aspirations and projects that I completely lost my spark. It nearly drove me over the edge, but just at the right moment, I realigned myself and re-kindled my peace. Doing that continuously has brought me to the brightest places in life.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
Since I was 14 years old. Today I am 19.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
Zendaya. Not only is she an amazing actress, but she is a strategic artist. She creates what she believes, not what other people tell her to be.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a
I have always wanted to submit my poetry, and I happened to stumble across this link. I am actually about to publish a full length book, titled Everything I Never Said. It's a 250 page memoir about the hardship I endured as a child, and making it out of that environment into college to become the person I always wanted to be.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Apart from my book, I also write screenplays. This winter I am filming one of my stories in California and submitting it to film festivals.
7) What is your passion in life?
To combine my art and logic to create something that serves humanity, not just capitalism.