Short Script Reading: AGAIN, by Lee Nordling (with interview)
New Screenplay Videos • Short Films, Drama
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a page. (Heh.) Story-wise, it’s about the recriminations a couple goes through when they’re not on the same page (pun intended).
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Humor and fantasy.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Well, if a movie was composed of fifty or sixty films the length of mine, it’d fit right in. “Twilight Zone”! Are you listening?
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
“It’s a Wonderful Life."
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Two hours, including edits for length and formatting.
7. How many stories have you written?
Seriously, I’ve never counted, but much of it has been published.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
“Happy birthday”… yeah, just kidding. I love love love the Disturbed version of “The Sound of Silence.” (I just listened to it again to make sure, and it still brings tears to my eyes.)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Mostly, the deadline. The day before the submissions were due, I asked myself, “Can I do this?” Then I did it.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Movies. Comics. Books. Baseball.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
This was my first submission, so so far the experience has been positive. It was interesting to hear the reading. There were so many different ways to play the dialogue, so it was fascinating to hear approach the actors took.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
Mostly, I wondered if I could write a one-page screenplay with a beginning, middle, and end. When I was done, I realized I’d accessed my comic-strip-writing chops, another short form that requires something complete in a small amount of space.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Marsha: Hannah Ehman
John: Geoff Mays
Genie: Andy Camp
Up Next in New Screenplay Videos
Full Feature Screenplay: CHILDREN OF ...
When two detectives are confronted with solving the mystery of a priest’s murder, they are led into the depths of an underground child trafficking ring.
Children of The Night is essentially four intertwined stories and their crossover points.
Narrator: Hannah Ehman
Dobson: Shawn Devl...
1st Scene Reading, Underwater Hazards...
While searching for a great story, a young journalism student swims into the lair of a cannibal Merman Wizard deformed from water pollution.
Narrator: Val Cole
Polly: Kyana Teresa
Anne: Hannah Ehman
1st Scene Reading, We Are All Dead, b...
When a robbery goes wrong and the getaway driver is killed, the gang's two leaders become romantic rivals when the driver's widow shows up to collect her share.
Narrator: Val Cole
Voice/McBride: Shawn Devlin
Johnny: Steve Rizzo