Directed by Sonja Grace
Mystic Sonja Grace looks at the breaking point of two ancient cultures on opposite sides of the world and how their history can help us today. Her ability to Spirit Travel back in time gives a new perspective on the Hopi Indians from Northern Arizona and the Celtic people of England, Ireland, and Scotland. She examines why circular chambers like kivas and stone circles such as Stonehenge were built, the portals that are marked by these sites and the Demi Gods and aliens who influenced them. From the ancient past Sonja brings back hope for the future.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film? It is my work and passion to uncover the truth about history.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film? It took several years filming in England, Scotland and the Southwest United States.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!? Wake Up!
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film? Editing
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video? I was pleased many of the audience members were introduced to a new concept. Thank you for the collection of reviews. That was wonderful to watch.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films? When I first created Spirit Traveler fifteen years ago.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life? Thor, Twilight, Pride and Prejudice and E.T. there are too many!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career? I would love to have a category for Creative Director as well as Director.
9. You submitted to the festival via Film Freeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site? Film Freeway has been fantastic. Easy to use and look at the submissions and enter into other festivals.
10. What is your favorite meal? Norwegian comla
11. What is next for you? A new film? I just finished writing Spirit Traveler: Unlocking more mysteries of ancient sites around the World my second in the series. I am filming a project in Italy in January 2024.