REPERCUSSIES, 11min., Netherlands
Directed by Ivan Groenheijde
Two years after ending his toxic relationship, Brian is being held hostage in his own home by his ex girlfriend Katja, who is willing to risk everything to get him back. Katja gives him an ultimatum which makes Brian realize that his and his current girlfriend’s life are at stake
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to tell a story about a man who's a victim of domestic violence. We have seen and heard so many stories about women being a victim, but rarely about men.
I think that we need more awareness about this topic, so we can help the victims whenever they are ready to escape a toxic relationship.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I finished filming a few weeks before going on an opera tour. So in between rehearsals I had deadlines with my editor and sound designer.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Ow wow. These people really took their time and gave lovely feedback about my film. I'm so grateful.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In 2016 I made the first steps to become a filmmaker. During my studies I wrote my first screenplay for the film called "Wraak". That movie received to awards for Best Thriller and Best Crime.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I'm a proud Disney fan. I think Mulan (1998), Hercules (1997) and Oliver and Co (1988) are my favourites.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think the audience feedback is a nice element. You can use it for promotion. So that's an element that will help me out in my filmmaking career.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was very easy to submit my movie and I'm very happy about the communication with Thriller/Suspense Festival. Very professional.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I want to make more thriller movies and TV series. That's my favourite genre.