BE BAD, 4min., USA
Directed by Lauren Hart
A new dad is forced to take action when he realizes that his middle finger has been up in every photo he's ever taken.
Get to know the actor/writer Rob Christensen:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We developing a bunch of ideas and this one got me excited. It just clicked.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I had the ideas for years but it didn't feel right until we viewed it through a horror lens. 6 weeks from the first day of production.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting it done before the writers strike ended and I had to go back to work. We rushed to shoot in July then the writers strike continued until October. I guess I could have taken my time.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It feels good when people like your work. People really understood what we were doing and that's a sign that we communicated effectively.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I really don't know. I always wanted to write and then just followed the art wherever it took me.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Goodfellas, Shawshank Redemption, Major League, Die Hard, Pulp Fiction
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I don't have an answer for this.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Standup shows on the road and two new short films in 2024.