THE BOOK OF NAUGHTY KIDS, 17min., Brazil
Directed by Miguel Soares Moreira
Amanda, a curious 10-year-old, wonders about the existence of Santa Claus. After some trouble at school caused by her classmates Marcel and Lana, she wishes they would disappear from her life. On Christmas Eve, she discovers that Santa might not be so good after all. Who is the naughty or the nice kid?
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Probably the love of original horror stories related to brazilian's urban legends, which unfortunatelly are not very well explored.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Almost 10 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Mysterious and instigant.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Definitely work 100% independently without any help from incentive laws. Because of this, post production delayed a lot.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was really great hearing that they enjoyed the film and also told the strong points of it. I just miss the weak points as a constructive way to get better in the next movies.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I always knew. But the idea truly came out one day after high school, when my mom showed me the course of Cinema in the student's guide book. I got really excited about it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Alladin, the animation made by Disney.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Maybe a chat with the other filmmakers who are participating in the festival as well to, who knows, try to do a network, perhaps.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Lucas and I have no problems with the festival platform site.
10. What is your favorite meal?
It's a specific dish from a restaurant in my region called Truta Caipira (Caipira Trout). This dish comes with white rice, cooked vegetables and a trout fried in cornmeal.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
For now, i am negociating to film some short animated film and a long road trip film. All of them to start shooting next year, i hope.