AN AWAKENING, 5min., USA
Directed by Charles A M.
“An Awakening” engages a full spectrum of senses to explore how generational trauma manifests itself in the body, on an effective level deeper than dialogue could ever express.
Get to know writer/artist Angelica Olstad:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I really wanted to capture the pandemic in its specific moment time. I knew that I wanted to work with a talented team to come up with their own interpretations of what the music meant for them and I am so happy with the results :).
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Indie films are very challenging and a lot of work and money to produce. I'm so grateful I was able to work with such an incredible team!
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
This was so wonderful! It was really nice to hear that other people had such a positive reaction, it was really affirming.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
This is my first one! I've always interested in storytelling and think film is such a beautiful medium to do that.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I loved the feedback, really helpful!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
A new project called Music for Healing!