A story of abuse and love.
Narrator: Steve Rizzo
Diane: Hannah Ehman
Tanner: Geoff Mays
Doris: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Frank: Sean Ballantyne
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay is about a young woman managing a life of abuse.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
My screenplay is a true story, that falls under the genre of drama.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
This screenplay should be made into a movie because it raises awareness of the deep and complex emotions that come with abuse.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
A Home At The End Of The World
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I started this screenplay, with the outline of the story, about twenty years ago. I picked it back up about three years ago and finished the story. I have been working to edit and format it for the last year.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written three stories and am currently working on two more.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I have listened to “Both Sides Now” the most times in my life. That is probably a story in itself!
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
The biggest obstacle that I faced in finishing this screenplay was finding a place to end the story. The other obstacles that I faced were around how to carefully approach the painful realization that the effects of abuse sadly, very sadly, take a deep hold of the abused person.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about social justice. I am a human rights lawyer that dedicates pro-bono time to advocacy for women and to the LGBTQt community – and more recently to environmental protection.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I have had a great experience with FilmFreeway. It provides valuable access to numerous contests and supports for new writers.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I was initially influenced when I was watching an episode of the L Word, when they were all headed to an LGBTQ Film Festival.
I was very open to receiving feedback on my screenplays. The feedback has helped guide me to writing stories in a manner and format that will be considered for production.