When A TV star finds out his best friend is dead it leads to uncovering a world of alternate realities, monsters, fantasy and more.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Past Man: Geoff Mays
Chester: Sean Devlin
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
A TV star learns his best friend from childhood has died and heads back to his hometown for his funeral. He soon realizes that his dead friend has created an entire fantasy universe that could hold the key to his death.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Drama, SciFi, Fantasy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It is incredibly cinematic and cuts in between the real world and this fantasy world showing how each of these characters in these realities deal with similar obstacles and trials.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Fantastical but grounded
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A year and a half
7. How many stories have you written?
At least ten screenplays, about eight tv pilots and ten plays.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Making sure cutting back and forth between these different realities always tracked for the audience and never became confusing. The basics of the story and the arcs still had to be clear.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Love to hike, be outside constantly and travel.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It is very easy to use and easy to submit work there.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I wanted to get my work out there more and all the feedback I got on my work was extremely helpful.