A bereaved philosophy professor starts a new religion to save the planet from ecological destruction only to discover that what he really wants is his wife back.
Narrator: Geoff Mays
Andrew: Allan Michael Brunet
Marty: Sean Ballantyne
Receptionist: Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Heaven Awaits is about a bereaved philosophy professor who's recently lost his wife.
He finds himself starting a new religion to save the Earth from ecological destruction.
But psychologically, it's a coping mechanism. It's an attempt to preserve something heavenly before it's lost,
In a sense, the film is about heaven. How would we even know it if we were there?
Could it be any better than what we've got?
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Mostly drama with a dash of romance, thriller and ...documentary (!)
It's set on a college campus and has scenes with a going back to class feel.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It addresses important themes. It's thoughtful entertainment.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About a year including breaks
7. How many stories have you written?
I only started writing in 2020. So just one other, a comedy feature called Secret Passage
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Message in a Bottle, The Police
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
The natural world, plants and animals..
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
It has a vast database and it's user friendly. It makes submissions easy.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
The word Environmental was in your name.