XPENDABLE, 30min., USA, Crime
Directed by Walter Ernest Haussner
1957. Two crime organizations. Two people sent in to avert a war. Who will walk away?
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My love of Film Noir, black and white cinematography, and wanting to have an older woman as the protagonist.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding a location. I was turned down 7 times before Linda Donovan, the owner of The Pallet
Wine Company, allowed us to film in her building. As it turned out, we were fortunate everyone else turned me down because her building was the perfect location.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Wow! There are people who truly understand the film and what I was going for. I'm ecstatic!
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was about 14.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
2001: A Space Odyssey
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Having distributors brought into the forum would be great. Otherwise, your festival is amazing. I love the feedback!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Good, so far!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes. A supernatural thriller or a comedy.