autobiographical comedic soliloquy
Synopsis: A man recounts his tough hillbilly life.
Performed by Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
It's an exaggerated version of my life... mostly true (divorced only 2 kids).
Basically it's a satirical tale about the false promise of material bliss.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Overboard with Kurt Russell - (Despite marital failure, I'm still a romantic at heart)
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you
wanted to write?
Yes. I was shooting short films and producing other writer/directors' films in LA when I realized that no matter if I want to produce, direct, or write, I need to understand story structure and how to write well.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
7. What is your favorite meal?
Thanksgiving feast - Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, etc.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
Jesus Christ. We'd never run out of wine!
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Directing. Watching movies and TV series in any language. Good stories are universal.
10. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?
Notes are like noses... you got to pick out the boogers sometimes.
11. What has been your experiences submitting your work with the
FilmFreeway submission platform?
Overall, it's been an easy and pleasant experience.