Project Mycroft short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 10m
PROJECT MYCROFT, 15min., Mexico, Sci-Fi
Directed by Jorge Diaz Zamora
Mycroft is a machine that will show you a personalized work of art, for better or for worse.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
This feeling that I needed to create something, and the pandemic made it even stronger.
I knew I wanted to get something out, I had a notebook filled with ideas, so in the end, it was a combination of what was possible and what do I want to tell.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Taking into consideration many of the hiccups found along the way, in reality, it was around 8 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Scary Computer (or even black mirror-esque)
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Covid, we were pretty close to not doing any of this due to a hospital visit
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I caught myself smiling and nodding a couple of times, this was one of the best feedback that I got. It felt nice to see people miles away say they liked something that was so hard to pull off.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I was 17 years old when I had this amazing film class; we spent the semester watching the first 10 minutes of "Vertigo" by Hitchcock. The way we dissected each piece of the film gave me a new perspective on the art
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Not sure but Se7en and In Bruges are definitely on the top
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Before this festival, my favorite thing was to network and meet new people; but now, I have to say the reaction video is right there along that, I would love to have both all the time.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I've become somewhat addicted to the platform. To see every once in a while what amazing festivals there are, and the way you can easily submit your film is super nice.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Inhumanly spicy chicken wings
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yeah, I've been toying around with some ideas and preparing a new script, hopefully by the end of the year.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
ANIMAL short film, audience reactions
ANIMAL, 15min,. USA, Sci-Fi
Directed by Lauren Adams
Bitty and Minnie pilot their Post Haste Shipping Company vessel,
delivering supplies for the ongoing and ambiguous rebuild of a
collapsed America. For these pilots, their world is almost entirely contained to the inside of their ship - a self-d...
JOHN short film, audience reactions
JOHN, 14min., New Zealand, Fantasy
Directed by Yoson An
Trapped in the limbo of purgatory, John's only path to freedom is a choice between a curtain and a kite. A concert pianist (John) finds himself in a deserted, barren land, in between a red kite and a floating curtain.
HERE FROM AFAR: HONGKONGERS IN LIVERP...
HERE FROM AFAR: HONGKONGERS IN LIVERPOOL, 30min., UK
Directed by Ron Chiu
This documentary is about Hongkongers in Liverpool, sharing their stories of being a Liverpool FC supporter
This documentary shares the stories of Hong Kong Liverpool sup...