NO BOUNDARIES, 90min., South Korea
Directed by Jaeun(Jay) Chin
A mid-60 female mountainer who has lost his only child always starts his day by climbing. Because mountain is herself and God also. For haenyeo(woman sea diver) in her 70s who have been diving in the sea since childhood, the sea is a daily life and a way to heaven.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We are busy.
We live busily without knowing why we are busy.
The side effects are conflict and war and now the climate crisis.
I felt the need for a pause.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It will be planned from January 2022.
It took a year and eight months for the movie to be born.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Water and circulation
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It was a tough shooting journey.
I had to film all 18 national parks on the Korean Peninsula, but the schedule was too tight.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was surprising that the reaction of audiences from the East and the West differed greatly.
In Korea, I was surprised that if visitors appreciated the movie happily, they were even thinking of philosophical considerations in the feedback video.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I started as a TV journalist in 1995 and immediately started making TV documentaries.
It felt like a must-do documentary on nature and the environment.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Wild and History and Human Documentary.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I hope there will be more GV Q&As to talk with the audience.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
be very useful and convenient
10. What is your favorite meal?
It is a vegetarian meal made of fruits and vegetables.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I'm planning a movie about 'Crying'