MOSAIC, 8min., Canada, Documentary
Directed by Myriam Vaudry
A short documentary film bold and touching where the director, dealing with physical malformations, asks an artist to illustrate her syndrome in a drawing of herself. This process will help her see it from a different perceptive and grow toward self-acceptance.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
First I wanted to inform people about my condition and the syndrome itself to help change de way that people looked at us. Then I realize I have to change the way I think people looked at me and how I want to look at myself and be ok about my body.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I was thinking about this project all my life, but from the idea of the structure of the film to the end it last one year.
2. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was smiling and It was heart-warming.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
About 5 years ago. I realized I have something to say. I never seen myself in being a director, but wanted to accomplish something from A to Z and I really loved it! This is just the beginning!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Back to the futur and all the Harry Potter... Not very original!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think feedbacks are really important because it makes us grow and we learn a lot from it!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I find it really easy and fun!
10. What is your favorite meal?
Lasagna and poutine! (Not both together though!)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, I got a grant with ArtsNB, wich is the New Brunswick Arts Board. I will shoot a short fiction film this spring with the grant I received. In the long term I have a few feature films in my mind, fiction and documentary. Will see where life will get me! In the meantime I am working for different companies in the industry as a production coordinator and/or an editor.