MONARCH SOMBRERO, 1min., Canada, Animation
Directed by Lisa Murray
A hand made, stop-motion, paper cut-out animation about saving the monarch butterflies.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Wonderful nature platform...my concern for the preservation of butterflies
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Labour of love
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In my youth.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
large on the big screen with audience
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?