KILLING JOKE, 6min., France
Directed by Yann Ar Branov
Joker asks Batman to draw the tarot for him
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Make a new Joker and play it, in a different style, a white clown.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
What if Joker didn't hate Batman?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
All the preproduction was made in two weeks, I needed a bit of luck especially for the location where the fight was filmed (a circus)
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was a great pleasure to see that people did enjoy the film and saw what I wanted to tell with it.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Hard to say. I started ten years ago, but the desire had been there for a longer time.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I guess it is The Prestige by Christopher Nolan
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I don't know
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Good experience, it's an easy way to submit films
10. What is your favorite meal?
I never know how to answer this question... Let's say fish and chips ^^
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Maybe a new film, or films where I can play, because I'm also an actor, so I'm searching for new projects!