IN THE BACKGROUND, 4min,. USA
Directed by Daniel Gold
This film glimpses the subconscious archetypes surrounding the ideas of consciousness, duality, and reincarnation.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
- I wanted to make this film for many years and it just came very organically. It was a vision of mine that I wanted to see for myself and was intrinsically motivated to finish the film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
- - This film was a true labor of love and it took about 2 years to make.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
- Archetype Dancing
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
- Working with the animators and making sure my vision came through.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
- So amazing to hear that my film was received in the way it was intended to be.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
- When I was 10 years old.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
- Easy... Lord of the Rings!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
- I would love to see a live showing somewhere!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
- Great, Film Freeway is easy and there are so many options to submit to!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
- I have finished pre-production on my next project and currently raising funds.