DELTA LOVERS, 5min., USA, Relationship
Directed by Natasha C. Smith
In "Delta Lovers," a woman driven to the brink of revenge by a betrayal from her partner, must confront the demons of her own psyche as she navigates a complex, love-hate relationship.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was motivated by a class I took at NYU.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Delta Lovers took less then 24 hours to make..
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
I would describe Delta as eerie and suspenseful.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was finding a crew.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
My initial reaction was wow they got it.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I realized I wanted to make films around the age of 8 years old.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The film I have Wizard of Oz
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
A mentorship/next step guidance program for new filmmakers would be very helpful.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
FilmFreeway provided an easy and intuitive process with numerous options to help get my film noticed. It has been an absolute pleasure, and I can't stress enough how impressed I am with the communication between filmmakers and the FilmFreeway staff. They have been incredibly supportive every step of the way, promptly responding to inquiries and offering valuable assistance.
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is food...I like most things.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
My next step is another short film