CUSTODE short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 9m 2s
CUSTODE, 4min., USA, Animation
Directed by Jim Allison
“Custode” explores exactly what happened seconds after the Big Bang took place. Trust me, you’ll be surprised.
Get to know filmmaker Jim Allison:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I've worked in live-action and 2d animation before but never in computer animation and wanted to challenge myself. To keep learning.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you
to make this film?
Too long, sadly a year but worth it.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Learning how to animate in Blender.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking
about your film in the feedback video?
I felt very excited. There's nothing better than hearing from strangers about your work. Negative or positive.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As long as I could remember. A default answer but very true.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
If I had to think about - David Fincher's Zodiac (2007)
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other
festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking
Keep getting the word out about live screenings. People love live events as much as online screenings.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How have your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I love FilmFreeway, I've used that platform for submitting every one of my short films.
10. What is your favorite meal?
You can't beat a good Ramen dish.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
A feature. Be on the lookout at afilmbyjim.com
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
Well Worn Life with Dani Reyes-Acosta...
WELL WORN LIFE WITH DANI REYES-ACOSTA, 6min,. USA, Documentary
Directed by Daniel Mitchell, Trent Sugg
Well Worn Life is a short documentary film series by Arkansas-based outdoor company Livsn Designs. Well Worn Life reveals the recipes of outdoor-minded individuals who love life deeply - and liv...
The Story of Everything feature film,...
THE STORY OF EVERYTHING, 105min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Ron Singer
The Story of Everything, a theater performance written and conceived by Hawai’i Poet Laureate Kealoha, and now a film produced and directed by Engaging the Senses Foundation, illuminates the intersection between science, th...
I am Close By short film, audience re...
I AM CLOSE BY, 14min., United Arab Emirates
Directed by Vijendra Bhambhani
A Small town girl, Olivia, accidentally discovers life of Beth who helped her Aunt in the most callous way!