BOOB COCKPIT short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 6m 24s
BOOB COCKPIT, 2min., USA
Directed by Erin Orion Kay
Boob Cockpit, a long-lost American science fiction television series follows the adventures of a gravity-defying, Double D class spaceship and it’s plucky Pilot; escaping booby traps at every turn.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It started with a silly joke that I just couldn't stop giggling about. And anyone I told the idea to, it made them giggle just as much. Those laughs were a huge motivation.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The idea was from years ago, but from serious film conception to finished product, upwards of five years.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Booberella/Boob Rogers mash-up
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The pandemic. We were scheduled to film the miniatures in March 2020 and that did not happen. It took two years before we got it up and running again, but all the same crew was able to come back and start where we left off.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
To have people, strangers, quoting lines from your film, it was incredibly rewarding and validating.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Always. Seeing movies like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Mary Poppins and Wizard of Oz as a kid really shaped my sense of wonder and allowed my imagination to blossom. I am fortunate enough now, as an adult, to have a career as a Production Designer. I get to create over-the-top worlds like the ones I grew up watching. I get to play and pretend for a living, and it's a dream come true.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Home Alone. I love Home Alone; it's a masterpiece.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I'm just happy people are getting to watch the film and that they seem to be enjoying it.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It's been pretty straightforward. Very user-friendly.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love soup.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a few film ideas brewing, but I am currently and actively trying my hand at writing a novel.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
FUGITIVE short film, audience reactions
FUGITIVE, 34min., Bosnia and Herzegovina
Directed by Adis Kutkut
A mysterious protagonist is on a quest worth spending 150 years playing chess to unlock a mistery in Sarajevo, now called Neosarayevo, under the control of a sinister Cyberdyne-esque corporation - Sodyn.
TEST DRIVE short film, audience reac...
TEST DRIVE, 15min., USA
Directed by Sam Tahhan
In 2037, in a war-torn world where soldiers are in high demand, a rogue fighter pilot must protect his precocious daughter from enemy forces.
As my grown daughter puts it, "TEST DRIVE is a movie about ...
TRACKS short film, audience reactions...
TRACKS, 11min., Netherlands, Documentary
Directed by Maclovia G Martel
A visual Journey of remembrance in Amsterdam.
"Tracks: Stumbling Stones Amsterdam"" is a visually stunning journey, short documentary exploring the laying of “Stolpersteine” memorial stones honoring Holoca...