BOLD, 3min., Canada
Directed by Myrriah Xochitl
Myrriah Xochitl Music Video For Their single bold about bullying and mental health
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Lived experience and a deep need to heal some child wounds and also explore the possibilities of what it means to be bold in a world that loves to try to define people to "keep the status quo" and hold them in black and white
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took around 5 months, but around 10 years of dreaming about it, and meeting the right people to bring this dream to life and to be able to produce the song the proper way.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Financially, and the size of my team. I think we did a great job with our small little team, but there just aren't a lot of financial resources for music videos. So it took a lot of self funding, and me doing multiple roles just because of those things
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Shock Joy and Gratitude
It was really incredible to hear that what I tried to put into it people got from it. That is the most special thing to have the art received with mostly what the intentions were behind it.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I don't know, I'm still learning. I think I've always been a fan of story telling. In all mediums. Through music, picture, theatre. And film making is such an incredibly collaborative experience that stretches every person involved and I think that's why I enjoy it so much. To be able to move people and make people feel something and have that last forever is extremely special to me.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Anything Tim Burton's directed
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think you are doing a great job!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It has been great. Very supportive and i'm just thankful!
10. What is your favorite meal?
Anything with mashed potatoes
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a new music video in the works for one of my other songs, it's also about inner child stuff, but this time we will be tackling queer joy!!!!!!!!! We are in the editing stages now and I can't wait to share it!