AFTER YOU, 2min., Russia
Directed by Elizabeth Vetur Khaust
Collaboration with the jewellery brand Mineral Weather on the theme of beauty during the war
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It was just a random idea to make something beautiful together with my good friend and also jewelry designer Anna.
Through our mutual friends, we found one semi-abandoned place that was ideally suited to the mood that we had at that time.
So it was mostly like *lets do something*
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Hm, i think it took around one week, or mby a bit more
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Mm, probably - where we can buy a coffee, and how to pee there, because the toilet was totally destroyed, just a dark hole
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very happy, because despite my not yet the highest skills, I was able to convey what I wanted. And I am very glad that people liked it
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
2 years ago.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It's strange, but almost all my childhood, every time when I was sick, there was a White Oleander movie on TV. So, except for movies I love and mby watched more than twice, this movie (White Oleander) I think I watched more than 20 times
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I don't know, mby you can give as contacts of "big" producers and make us be rich and successful hahah
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Amazing, easy to apply. Really good platform
10. What is your favorite meal?
1- friezen cucumber
2 - Takoyaki
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I really hope that soon I will be able to escape from Russia, find a rich and beautiful producer who will fall in love with me and just because I am a good girl, he will give me a lot of money for my first feature short film