Skip to main content
WILDsound broadcasts a unique film festival every single day of the week, showcasing the best films from around the world. Enjoy a growing library of independent films, original screenplay, novel, short story, and poetry readings spanning all genres.
Live stream preview
ROMANCE Short Story: Not The Brightest Guy in the World, John Porter (interview)
Synopsis: A hardworking plumber admits that he's not the brightest guy in the world, then struggles to understand why his lady friend is happy one minute, sad the next, and mad the next
Performed by Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
What is your short story about? A hardworking plumber admits that he's not the brightest guy in the world, then struggles to understand why his lady friend is happy one minute, sad the next, and mad the next.
2. What genres would you say this story is in? Romantic comedy
3. How would you describe this story in two words? Happy ending
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life? The Verdict
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?) Like a Rolling Stone
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel? The Heart of the Matter
7. What motivated you to write this story? I wanted to show how a man and a woman could begin to understand each other.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be? Jesus
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about? Working on my family's ranch
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed? Matthew's invitation
11. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers? Keep writing. You can get better--but only if you're willing to be bad for a while (maybe, like me, for a long while).