Type of Story: Family Comedy
Synopsis: A teenage son tricks his dad into thinking he got a tattoo.
Performed by Val Cole
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your short story about?
A son tricks his father into believing that he got a tattoo after his father expressly forbid it.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you
wanted to write?
When I took a flash fiction course at UCLA and realized how much I liked writing short form fiction. I just wish I put more time into it.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Le Petit Prince
7. What is your favorite meal?
In N Out Burger Double Double Animal Style
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
Eminem and Maya Angelou
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Education (I'm a teacher). Encouraging and guiding students to explore new ideas in the real world is where it's at.
10. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?
Write when you can, write what you love, and love your characters. When you love your characters, the rest is easy (or relatively so).
11. What has been your experiences submitting your work with the
FilmFreeway submission platform?