When the home audio assistant picks up the noise that Chester has been hearing, he realizes that something is in his house...
Narrator: Val Cole
Chester Banks: Allan Michael Brunet
Luna: Hannah Ehman
Sarah/Melody: Kyana Teresa
Kevin: Geoff Mays
Get to know the screenwriter:
1. What is your screenplay about?
It's about rejection and isolation that elderly often face as their minds start to rapidly decline.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Psychological horror & drama
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
I would lose the last drop of humbleness required to be a writer if I were to say that my script should be made into a movie. But, what I would say is that if someone wishes to explore the hidden societal problem of abandonment of the elderly, then they should consider my script.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Raw and brutal
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
I don't generally watch a movie more than once. But, films by Lars Von Trier are among my favorites.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
A few months to only step into the rehearsals and change it entirely due to the insights provided by the actors.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written a lot of stories. But I have had 3 made into short films thus far.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
I have an innate difficulty answering monist questions like these. Since the only constant is change, it would be rather odd to choose one song or one film to be relevant to the experience as a whole. My favorite anything is temporal, as it typically relates to the state that I am in. Currently, I am listening to The Perfect Girl by Mareux since it relates to the screenplay I am currently writing.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My perfectionism, anxiety and feelings of existential doom. I am my own biggest obstacle.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
FilmFreeway is the most convenient way to submit screenplays and films to festivals.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The positive feedback as well as the high rankings of this festival for horror have made me want to enter this festival.