Synopsis: A son is scared to jump off of the diving board, so the dad helps him build up the courage.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Son: Geoff Mays
Dad : Sean Ballantyne
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay is about a father helping a son get over his fear of jumping off the diving board.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
This film falls under the genre of Family.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Visually seeing the son combat his fear would be a cool thing to see. Also, I feel like it would be a lot of fun to film.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Definitely a Marvel film. Probably Deadpool or Iron Man 2.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I worked on this script for about a day.
7. How many stories have you written?
I’ve written a lot of stories. Probably around 10 or so.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
My favorite song is “These Are The Days of Our Lives” by Queen.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I struggled with keeping it to one page while also having enough information to keep it descriptive and interesting to listen to or read.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I am passionate about filming and directing. I enjoy being behind the camera and I enjoy seeing the ideas in my head come to life.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
All good experiences. FilmFreeway is very easy and self explanatory, with lots of festival options to choose from.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I was influenced to enter this festival because I knew it would be a challenge for me and I was curious as to whether I could do it or not. I was very happy with the initial feedback. It’s always good to hear from someone other than myself because they come from a different angle.