WE ARE LEGENDS, 9min., Brazil
Directed by Bruna Valentini
Time as we know it first came from a young man, but little did he know, he wasn’t the only one with powers and time on his hands.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The story was created when I was younger, because when I was going through tough times, I became upset with how "time" was moving around me. The concept came from a requirement of my university in order to get my degree. There, all the students in the last year in Fashion Design had to make a fashion film as our final project and I always wished to make a short film, so I took this opportunity and joined my story and the project.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
6 months. I wrote it the story in July and finished the decupation and storyboard next. The movie was filmed in three days.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Perspectives and sensibility
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It was my first time doing everything. Writing, directing... even working in a "real" set; it was all new and challenging to me. So the biggest obstacle was believing in myself and realizing I could actually do it.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was so happy!! Watching people that I never met, giving me good feedback about my work and realizing that now, we are all connected through my movie... Makes me feel like I'm finally entering the career and path that I chose.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I always had a soft spot for storytelling. When I got accepted to my university, I thought I would tell stories through clothes, but when I started learning more about costume design and fashion films, I discovered something I loved even more, that was telling stories through images.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It's hard to pick only one, but I think is La la land by Damien Chazelle. I love the story behind that dreamy atmosphere, and of course the soundtrack.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
The video feedback is amazing! So that is a number one experience every festival should offer. I would love if there could be something in person too; the exchange in real life is always a great contribution in my opinion. It could be a live premiere or an event for the people that are able to go.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
The site is fantastic and it makes our job easier when searching for the best festivals to submit our movies too.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Hard to choose only one meal, but Italian food, such as pasta and tomato sauce, or the traditional Brazilian combo: rice and beans.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I plan on learning more about screenwriting in a professional school here in São Paulo, Brazil. I have already new ideas, maybe the next one will be (spoiler!) an animation. But of course, all of this to achieve my goal of creating and sharing more stories.