VIVIDREAM, 10min., Denmark, Dance
Directed by Matteo Di Loreto
Between dream and reality a girl finds herself in the audience of a theatre (Royal Danish Theatre) to find out there are other people there with her. While events between the dancers unfold, a voice guides them on a journey of surreality where the relation between the audience and the stage is connected by a subtle veil.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The motivation for creating "VIVIDREAM" came during the pandemic, which was a time were dancers were not performing live so I had the idea of making something digital like a short film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about a year from the idea to the finished product.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
If i were to describe VIVIDREAM in two words, these would be: truth-revealing, intense
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle in the making of the short film was definitely the pandemic, having to organize something I had never done before during such unstable times.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was not surprised to hear that people loved the narrating voice: this is a very popular compliment about VIVIDREAM and I agree with that. I had the honor to work with Sorella Englund, an important name in the history of the Royal Danish Ballet, not only a beautiful performer but also a true artist with an hypnotizing voice.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
This is my first film ever. When the pandemic hit the only way of putting dancing content out there was the digital world, that's when realized i wanted to make one.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The film I have watched the most is probably Kill Bill by Tarantino.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I haven't been to the festival personally but everything seemed very well done and organized.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
The platform was great and very easy to use.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I don't have a favorite meal, I just like food! especially sweets.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
There are some ideas for the future, maybe in the film industry, combining dance and screen as I did for VIVIDREAM.