UNVERIFIED feature film, audience reactions (with filmmaker interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • Adventure, Independent, Thriller
Get to know the writer:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Primarily a lifelong interest in the subject of Sasquatch along with the related issue of "How do you go about proving they exist without killing one?" Assuming, of course, they exist. :) I believe, for too long, man has been carelessly unkind to animals when it comes to verification.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About 2 years. Started writing it during the height of the pandemic. Then once I was happy with the script, the process of funding and finding a crew took hold. Was an intense and, overall, satisfying experience.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Yikes (don't count that)....hmmm..."Bigfoot Lives?!"
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Probably staying patient and not being ready to put it out there until I was happy as I could be with it...given the footage we got. Since my number one pet peeve with films is that too many, narratively speaking, tend to drag, I really wanted to keep it moving. Not just with fast cuts but, rather, with a continuing, hopefully interesting evolution of the story.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Glee. (How much were these people paid? :)). Seriously, though, it was nice to see folks giving in-depth responses to their viewing of the film.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Probably when I was around 10 years old. My first Super 8 around that time was called "It, the Terror from Beyond Northridge". Pretty sure it didn't win any Oscars but I loved the process.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Great question. Hard to say for sure..."Jaws", "Rebel Without a Cause", "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Rear Window" all come to mind.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Seems like you guys are doing a great job. Giving connected people a chance to see artists work is awesome. Your detailed responses to filmmakers is great. Keep it up!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very good. No complaints.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I'm definitely interested in possibly doing a follow-up to "Unverified". I've written about 25 pages of a potential sequel. It really depends how well, financially, "Unverified" does. I tend to mull things over a bit before committing to a project. We'll see what shakes out over the next few months.
UNVERIFIED, 75min., USA, Thriller
Directed by Scott Herriott
Jason Sutherland wants to prove that such things as Sasquatches exist, but he doesn't want to kill one to do so. He and others come up with a non-lethal way to possibly verify their existence but a pro-kill advocate tries to beat them to the punch.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
IN DREAMS short film, audience reacti...
Filmed in 2018, shortly before the devastating explosion in the port of Beirut, In Dreams serves as a love letter to Lebanon - the home of my ancestors, and the place my spirit goes to rest in the quiet hours.
Interview with director Nick Mery
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The Last Champion Feature Film, audie...
A former championship wrestler is forced to face his past when he returns to the hometown he left in disgrace twenty years earlier. Can he become the hero his town expected… or will he remain a prisoner of his past mistakes?
IT ALL BEGINS feature film, audience ...
IT ALL BEGINS, 92min., Switzerland, Documentary
Directed by Frédéric Choffat
Sacrificed generation? At the beginning of 2019, young people are taking to the streets all over the world to warn of the climate emergency. In Switzerland, young people are demonstrating, blocking banks and questioning ...