UNVEILED FROM WINTER short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 4m 40s
UNVEILED FROM WINTER, 7min., Canada, Experimental
Directed by Nicolas Padovani
Inspired by the poetry of the landscape during a season's change and these upset bodies, this project is an attempt to expose the interiority of a season leaving its spot to another.
Directing, Editing, Photography : myself
Performance : Melia Boivin
Music : Olivier Landry-Gagnon
Collaborators : Bastian A. Miranda, Oksanna Caufriez
Additional advice : Katya Montagnac
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Myself and Mélia, we had this desire to create something during the pandemic and we made some videos together before but it was always planned in advance with a specific idea in mind. In this project, we decided to have little to no constraints and to improvise as much as we could to see where it would lead us.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We shot the whole thing in one afternoon and I think I made the edit for the very first screening in 2 months or so.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Nothing much really.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Humbled and eye-opening.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Watching Tarantino and Lynch at a younger age.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Back to the Future by Robert Zemeckis.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
This has been my very first festival experience so far so I wouldn't know where to begin to be honest haha. Everything has been surprising and fantastic so far.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
No issues whatsoever, I had a smooth experience.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Probably but I'm not sure when yet.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
BACKWARDS short film, audience reactions
BACKWARDS, 10min., USA, Drama
Directed by Sarah Klearman
Oliver can only walk backwards. While he struggles with functioning 'normally' in the world, Oliver has figured out how to enjoy life even with his 'condition'. He loves flying kites and can do it well since walking backwards lends itself t...
FASTER short film, audience reactions...
FASTER, 5min., Russia, Music
Directed by Arina Rozova
The story is about a girl who is in the eternal pursuit of success and status. Work brings her money, sports – a beautiful body, parties - avoiding loneliness. Alcohol, drugs, strange men...All in a circle. Maybe it's time to stop?
I Don't Smoke I Don't Drink short fil...
I DON'T SMOKE AND I DON'T DRINK, 3min., Hong Kong, Music Video
Directed by Tyson Yoshi
As a singer-songwriter, TYSON said that due to his appearance, style, and tattoos on his body, people generally gave him the image of a bad boy early on. With this new song, he personally explained that he usua...