UNKNOWN ENTRY EVENT short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 7m 33s
UNKNOWN ENTRY EVENT, 6min,. Netherlands, Fashion
Directed by Roman Villevoye
Uknown Enrty Event is a fashion film for designer Maarten van Mulken it's about a woman finding a unknown entry event in her logbook and sets out to join her friends to express themselves and their freedom one last time.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
First and foremost is Maarten van Mulken's amazing fashion. This is our third fashion film together and his vision still inspires me.
Also it was written and pre-production began in the mids of covid winter 2020/2021 so that isolation and yearning to be together again as a group really shows off in the final film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We went through multi iterations of ideas before thinking of this one with the computer message and them coming together underground I would say it was almost a full year of thinking, writing and planning.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Covid restrictions and scheduling conflicts.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Wow! It's amazing to hear different interpretations of the core ideas but all in all I think they nailed it.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In my teenage years I got one of those early not yet full HD camcoders and I was sure from that point on I want to be a filmmaker.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Indiana Jones and the last crusade... maybe Die Hard (I spend a lot of time in my teens with limited amount of dvd's)
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Red Carpet ;)
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It's an amazing platform and a great way to interact with festivals.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Pizza and everyone who answers anything else is a narc.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Pre-Production for a new fashion film and pitching some story ideas to designers to see if they want that film for their fashion.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
THE REVOLUTION short film, audience r...
THE REVOLUTION, 4min., France, Music
Directed by Jonathan Verleysen
Composition, arrangements and production by DOVE-I
THOMAS VEROVSKI & BASTIDE DONNY
Performed and written by RIOUX V (@A-Connection )
Performed by @Scoring Orchestra
I'M HUTCHTASTIC short film, audience ...
I'M HUTCHTASTIC, 4min., USA, Music
Directed by Brittany Ballard
A water goddess decides to explore land for the first time, to be nature’s lover. After a surreal experience with new natural elements, haters come to attack her. But finding her strength and power in the elements, now a tree goddess...
MARCYLINE - THE CLEARING MUSIC VIDEO ...
MARCYLINE - THE CLEARING MUSIC VIDEO, 4min., USA, Music
Directed by Margot Piorkowski
In this experimental music video for Marcyline's debut single, moody visuals contrast the dark lyricism, portraying the fear of a dark presence following him.