TURN OF FATE, 4min., UK
Directed by Melissa Stanton
A young Ballerina visits a fortune teller. What has fate got in store for her?
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was making my first film, Ghostlight, during lockdown, and I just started having dreams about a Ballerina and a fortune teller. It all started from there.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I think it took me about 5 days.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting the car crash scene right.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I loved that people enjoyed it, and found it a bit different. I liked that there were a few different ideas about the ending. People should be able to make up their own ending in a way.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I have always wanted to make films since my Dad got his old Cine camera back in the 70's. He used to film family holidays and then show his edited films to the neighbours. I didn't get the opportunity to make my own film until lockdown.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Star wars, practical magic, all the star trek films and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I love film freeway, but I often find that some festivals don't really communicate much.
9. What is your favorite meal?
I love a good old fashioned Sunday roast. Or Toad in the Hole.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I am working on a film telling the story of my real life cancer journey.