TRUE REVIEWS, 40min. USA, Comedy
Directed by Dan Bruhl, Megan Rosati, Carrie Stett, Sergio Abuja Rodriguez
With the help of our grizzled host, we re-enact real-life yelp reviews and hear from the reviewers themselves.
Get to know writer/actor/producer Grace Dambier:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It was an idea that was inspired while on a double date searching online reviews for where to go post-dinner-drinking...when we found the most *graphic* review that had us collectively cackling. It had us wondering who was the real problem in these 1-star reviews?! I thought, this show basically writes itself. (Being an artist working in the customer service industry was another motivating factor, of course.)
I wanted to be a maker of any kind of film and when someone liked this particular idea enough to give us a budget, that was enough motivation for me!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Almost 3 years from idea to delivery. (This time was mostly due to covid lockdowns, guidelines, restrictions, and precautions.)
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
TRUE REVIEWS! 🥰👌🏾
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Perfection is the #1 enemy of getting things done with or without a pandemic.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was pleasantly surprised by how much care and attention to detail each person gave with their feedback. I was so grateful and proud that the concept was received in exactly the way we wanted it to be.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As an only child growing up in a single parent home, I was raised by tv, film, fantasy, and storytelling. Watching my favorite films over and over again was and is the only thing that will soothe me sometimes; a most important reminder that I am not alone. I know others feel the same and so I take it as part of my mission and my way of helping others.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
More opportunities to chat one on one with the people who run the organization. That being said, it's amazing that you have these interviews 🙌🏽👌🏾👏🏽
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
Cheeseburger with French Fries, Coke & a Kelly Green pickle👌🏾
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I just sold 4 new web series ideas in conjunction with Rolling Orange Media each with 10 episodes that need to be delivered in the next 6 months. They're all my babies but I'm the most excited about "My Best Friend's Exorcism" (When a nerdy horse girl gets possessed by a demon; she becomes sexier, funnier, and more popular much to her jealous best friend's dismay...) It's the first project I'm starring in that I've also created and will be a predominantly female production. Stay tuned!