THE WIND IS CALLING MY NAME short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 6m 56s
THE WIND IS CALLING MY NAME, 2min., Germany, Fashion
Directed by Stefanie Gartmann
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I have a personal passion for the far northern countries. And I love the brand Gudrun&Gudrun. Every sweater is knitted by a women. A very personal piece you hold in your hands. As personal as my view on the collection and the nature, that inspired the designer to these wonderful fashion pieces. With this collection movie I could combine my love for this special nature and for the fabric and wool.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Strength and tenderness
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
the weather and the season. it was such a windy day, frosting cold and just short time of daylight. But in the end these were the aspects that made the mood so special.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It is so touching to see that people really engaged with the movie. That they found words for something that is inbetween the lines.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Finishing school in the age of 19 it became clear, that still pictures are lacking one dimension for me: time in a sequence. So in my early 20s I started to become a cinematographer.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
In the mood for love; Babel; 21 Gramm
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think the most important aspect is, that you can share emotions and connect people in the industry- the best way is, to do that live, like onstage. But if that is not possible, it is wonderful to kind of touch that feeling through feedback films. I wish there would be more options for festival participants to get in touch with producers, agencies and so on.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Easy to use. Sometimes I had some experiences, that I had the feeling, the announced festival is not a real one. So that the webside of the so called festival in the end is junk and then you feel betrayed in a way. But it happened just two times...
10. What is your favorite meal?
Veggie soups in winter and suhi in summer.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I would love to do a documentary about the women behind the knittingwear brand Gudrun&Gudrun
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
MEND short film, audience reactions
MEND, 6min., USA, Experimental
Directed by Ned Farr
A woman, shredded by a bad relationship, tries to pick-up the pieces and put herself back together again...but once broken, can one ever be perfectly mended?
AN AVERAGE POET short film, audience ...
AN AVERAGE POET, 9min., USA, Comedy
Directed by Michael Kumar
A satire following the odd mindset of an every day poet.
ETHEREAL short film, audience reactions
ETHEREAL, 8min., USA, Experimental
Directed by Lanbing Lyu, Lamie Doan
Ethereal is a story about a social media influencer girl facing the pressure of being popular,