THE THIRD short film, audience reactions (star/writer/producer interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 7m 10s
THE THIRD, 4min., USA, Comedy
Directed by Jonathan Kehoe
Making friends is hard.
Get to know the Writer/Producer/Star Danny Abrahms :
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to make something fun with my actor friends that we could all add to our reels.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I wrote it in January, we filmed it in May, and had a final cut by September. There was plenty of downtime in between, but from start to finish was about eight months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We ran into some technical issues in post that were very annoying and slowed the process down. We probably would've finished it a month or two sooner otherwise.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was happy it was well received. I also found it amusing watching audience members intellectually discussing my 4 minute threesome short.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Around age 13.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The original Star Wars -- simply because I watched it about 100 times as a child.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I was hoping for more of a networking experience where I could meet other filmmakers / industry professionals, ideally in person.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
FilmFreeway is pretty easy to use. Sometimes it could be clearer when the festival notification and event dates are prior to completing checkout.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Crab legs, which I rarely have since they're so damn expensive.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Mainly auditioning and acting in other people's projects, but I may work on another short sometime soon.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
Disposable short film, audience react...
DISPOSABLE, 35min,. USA, Fantasy/Thriller
Directed by Marcus Cisneros
After fleeing a civil war in Mexico, two undocumented laborers find work during a global pandemic in the US, only to discover they’ve been lured into a frightening situation.
The Blackness short film, audience re...
THE BLACKNESS, 11min,. Mexico, Drama
Directed by Joaquin Gutiérrez
An old farmer gets inside "THE BLACKNESS" to redeem his platonic love for a beautiful transvestite, who always watched him through the screen.
PANAH short film, audience reactions
PANAH, 15min., Iran, Drama
Directed by Fatemeh Ghadirinezhadian
Panah, a Middle-aged transgender mom is trying to leave Iran, in order to have sex reassignment procedures. She receives a phone call that her visa and medical docs have been rejected. Now, her only hope and motivation is to once mor...