THE SEQUENCE short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 6m 21s
THE SEQUENCE, 7min., UK, Drama/Thriller
Directed by Daniel Mars
A war refugee is intercepted by the MI-5 to testify against the very same Warlord he is hunting for the murder of his family.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A great many reasons. For one, I always wanted to publish a story about this specific community, maybe the most misunderstood and underrepresented community in the world today. It was also important to further give this character full permission to be the 3 dimensional human being that he is, where he does things based on what he deems to be right, and not how the rest of the world would love to see him. It was important to me to show his humanity.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
More than a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was great to see how audiences experience the film and the specific aspects they pick on, I appreciated every comment and observation that came from the audience
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I try not to watch a movie too many times, so as to not spoil it for myself. I thrive on getting myself back to a stage of watching a movie I know is good, but not knowing what happens next.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Opportunities to collaborate and get to know other filmmakers
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
The homemade meals from my mother
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am working on various projects in different stages, looking for funding, and there is also a novel that i finished 4 years ago that I just got back on, looking for ways to publish it
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
MONEY TALKS: THE LIMITS OF FINANCIAL ...
MONEY TALKS: THE LIMITS OF FINANCIAL INFLUENCE IN POLITICS, 10min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Thomas Chen Hui Gilchrist
The history and importance of governmental regulation of money in United States politics.
"Money Talks: The 'Limits' of Financial Influence in Politics" i...
LILI short film, audience reactions (...
LILI, 15min., Puerto Rico, Drama/Thriller
Directed by Brian Rios
A father and daughter must cross the border in order to find a better life, but the daughter cannot speak.
This is my first short film. Being a Latino and a father the subject matter is close to my heart. I hope ...
SPHERES short film, audience reactions
SPHERES, 5min., France
Directed by Anais Scheeck
An epic travels into a universe of geometric abstraction. From the gravitations of childhood to the ascents and abysses of adolescence, from the colors of the city to the mirages born from the meeting of the other, the movement will be the only tan...