THE NOTORIOUS NETWORK, 8min., USA
Directed by Sam Aria
After receiving an unexpected package, a group of sub-par villains is tasked with watching what the mysterious box contained, a baby.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was in a class where the main assignment for the semester was to make an animated project.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took a little over a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Learning Photoshop and animating digitally, especially syncing voices and mouth movements.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I really enjoyed that despite the different reactions and perspectives on my work, everyone seemed to have similar feelings towards the piece.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As far back as I can remember.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Either Toy Story or Shrek.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Not really sure, this festival was a very positive experience overall.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was very easy to use and understand.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Probably a nice steak with mushrooms.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I currently plan on making more shorter animated projects, and will eventually make a sequel to this.