THE LOST NIGHT, 6min., Japan
Directed by YUXUAN ZHANG
One night, at a crowded street, a woman meet these illusions. Everyone passed, but only she couldn't. This is a dream made with light and shadow. But is it just a ephemeral dream?
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
This is my graduation film work and I wanted to find some experimental methods to make it.Finally I used the light and shadow style of drawing things by not drawing them. And the story comes from my real experience , the first time I had to face the decision of death.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I completed the storyboard for four months including the camera test, and spent four more months painting it.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
I think it will be "facing the past", and "pure heart".
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
This painting style really cost time.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was glad that the audience liked my painting and motion style, and the synchro with music. Also it is happy to heard some of the audience read the message of how we facing the life and the sad times.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was at the three grade of highschool.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The japanese anime "Hyouka".
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
The Feedback Animation Festival offers us filmmakers a lot of screening chances and provides us objective review. I will be happy to see this kind of festival growing up and expanding.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
Cantonese food and Italian food.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes. I am working on it.