THE BLISS OF NATURE short film, audience reactions (with director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • Classics, Drama, Independent, Short Films, Special Interest
Get to know the writer:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A beautiful Spring was already here in Paris, and I had constantly this vision of a beautiful woman in the woods, enjoying the nature, air, grass, trees, flowers. I thinked about this beautiful Polish model Marta Kowalczyk, she was the perfect symbol of spring.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We made it very quickly, I would say in 2 weeks. From the storyboard to the end of editing. We shot only one day at the Bois de Boulogne located near Paris.
I usually work with a small team, a model, hair and make up Sabrina Iddou, Stylist Marie Revelut, DOP Benjamin Chartier and assistant, that's the way I like to work. I also did a photoshoot during the day.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Fresh and pure
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We shot in May, and the sun was already very strong; We normally shoot at the very beginning of the day, or the end of the day to avoid the light too strong. But as I was shooting picture and film in the same time, I needed more time. But we managed well during mi day with the shadows and trees.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I really appreciate watching the reactions. We normally have a few comments from watchers, and most of the time it's very short.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When my parents bought a video camera, I started to shoot with friends, and really enjoyed to be behind the lens and direct people.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
"La Notte" by Antonioni; but surely all Italian classics that I like to watch and rewatch.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Audience talking is really a plus +++
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Always super easy n film freeway. Great idea to browse the best festivals.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Pasta alle vongole
11. What is next for you? A new film?
New project in black and white, featuring a beautiful woman in a trendy 60's very chic look
THE BLISS OF NATURE, 1min., France
Directed by Benjamin Audour
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
MELODY MONOLOGUE: AND THEN short film...
MELODY MONOLOGUE: AND THEN, 43min., Indonesia
Directed by Shadtoto Prasetio
Andien, an Indonesian singer who has worked in the music industry for 22 years, presented a performance entitled Melody Monologue: And Then, a cinematic concert in the middle of the Trembesi forest. Bringing 12 songs from...
ARTISTIQUE short film, Audience Feedb...
ARTISTIQUE, 3min., Czech Republic
Directed by Kristýna Jankovcová, Kryštof Jankovec
The short film celebrates the synthesis of interior design, fashion and visual arts. This cinematic invitation to the Artistique design showroom represents an immersive aesthetic and emotional experience. Every el...
DISSOCIATING VULNERABILITY feature fi...
DISSOCIATING VULNERABILITY, 55min., Japan
Directed by Nobuo Nakagawa
The main character "Shinya" lost her mother in a traffic accident. A woman appears in front of Shinya. The woman can only be seen by Shinya. Fairy? Ghost? Shinya must know.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to ...