THE ALAN SONG, 4min., Singapore, Music Video
Directed by Susan Mey Lee Lim, Matthieu Eymard, Christina Teenz Tan
Shot in the snow capped mountains of Courchevel 1850, the ALAN Song Music Video features the ALAN Team members, all together, in this fun-filled, uplifting theme song of a new album Alan's Fantasy. It is about a fictional companionship between human and inanimate, an inanimate with a soul, the origins of which are revealed in this storyline.
Get to know filmmaker Susan Lim:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The ALAN Song is the theme song for our album ALAN's Fantasy, which we proudly released on Spotify in April 2022. We really wanted to celebrate this with a music video of the whole team of musicians and friends, and we chose to do so in the ski resort of Courchevel, where members of the group first met back in 2016.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The idea of the music video was conceived a month prior to the actual filming, and we chose to shoot one day in spring, when the weather is usually sunny, though in fact, it was an overcast day with snowfall, but it didn't damp our spirits !!
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Fun-filled , musical
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The weather got in the way a bit, but we completed !
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was really moved, and so pleased that it was appreciated for its spontaneity, musicality and camaraderie !
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
The day we recorded our first song, the ALAN Song, back in 2016, is when I realised that making a short film would be an added dimension to communicate the music and storyline.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The animated movie Home, Pixar.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
You are doing a great job in giving us filmmakers exposure, and for this , we are most appreciative.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Film Freeway is an amazing platform, easy to navigate, with a huge representation of film festivals.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, we are working on two new films, and look forward to submitting these when ready !