TED THE SHARK short film, audience reactions (creator interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 11m
TED THE SHARK, 12min,. Colombia, Animation
Directed by Nathalia Rojas, Hector Acosta
Created by Nathalia Rojas
Ted is a six-year-old hammer shark with a big secret: His mind is connected to a human girl. This uniqueness often makes Ted alienated from his world (a feeling many of us are familiar with) however, little does he know how special this connection is.
Get to know creator Nathalia Rojas:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was motivated by a desire to provide a fun and engaging tool for both children and adults to better understand and cope with complex emotions that can be difficult to express.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took us approximately six to eight months to create this film, from start to finish.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Conscious & fun
Our film is both conscious and fun, blending important messages with entertaining content.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Our biggest hurdle was striking a balance between conveying important messages of mindfulness and midlife without coming across as preachy or too educational, while still keeping the film entertaining.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was thrilled to hear the audience's positive feedback and appreciated the time and effort each person took to share their thoughts and feelings. It was wonderful to hear people express their appreciation for Ted and his story.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
- Since I was a little girl, my father has always been a business man, he had a tv cable company and I was surrounded by the world of entertainment from a very young age, hence, I have been drawn to the world of entertainment since I was a child. I wrote my first book at 17, produced my first feature film at 21, and later developed a passion for animation. Through my work, I have found my life's purpose in delivering important messages of awareness to younger generations in a fun and engaging way.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
- My all time favorite film is My neighbor totoro directed by Hayao Miyazaki
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking
I find networking with industry professionals and advisors to be incredibly helpful in advancing my career. Overall, I have had a great experience with the festival and appreciate their efforts to support filmmakers.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I couldn't be happier with the practicality and efficiency of the FilmFreeway platform for submitting my project. It made the process seamless and stress-free.
10. What is your favorite meal?
- sushi, vegetables, fruits :)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
- Ted The shark animmated series.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
CUSTODE short film, audience reaction...
CUSTODE, 4min., USA, Animation
Directed by Jim Allison
“Custode” explores exactly what happened seconds after the Big Bang took place. Trust me, you’ll be surprised.
Get to know filmmaker Jim Allison: ...
Well Worn Life with Dani Reyes-Acosta...
WELL WORN LIFE WITH DANI REYES-ACOSTA, 6min,. USA, Documentary
Directed by Daniel Mitchell, Trent Sugg
Well Worn Life is a short documentary film series by Arkansas-based outdoor company Livsn Designs. Well Worn Life reveals the recipes of outdoor-minded individuals who love life deeply - and liv...
The Story of Everything feature film,...
THE STORY OF EVERYTHING, 105min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Ron Singer
The Story of Everything, a theater performance written and conceived by Hawai’i Poet Laureate Kealoha, and now a film produced and directed by Engaging the Senses Foundation, illuminates the intersection between science, th...