SLEEPING WITH CLOUDS, 12min,. USA
Directed by Collin Black
After a one-night stand, two strangers wake up to find their bed floating miles high in the sky. In order to find a way back down to earth, they must set aside their differences and work together to find a solution.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Just to see if I can do it truthfully. It has always been a story I've wanted to tell even when I was a kid making videos on YouTube. I wanted to make something that push me further than I've ever done before.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I think it took one whole year. From writing the script to doing all the VFX. It was quite intensive in the VFX area, because I did it all myself.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Definitely the prep, we did A LOT of tests. Figuring out, lighting, costumes, and softwares. It was intense I think I have 2TB of just tests on my harddrive for this one.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Brought a smile to my face, I don't really get to hear peoples reactions much so It's always nice to hear.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Age 9, just something about pictures moving at 24 frames per second just gets to me.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was good.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I'm working a short film called "Motherly Lovecraft" it's a sci-fi dark comedy. We just filmed it's in post-production now.