SETTLING THE FACTS, 95min., USA
Directed by Roger Walters
If you've ever looked at the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, one of the words that comes up sooner or later is "settlements". In this groundbreaking documentary, we take a deeper dive into this subject and ask three questions:
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film? The ignorance of my Peers as to the historic rights of the Indigenous jews in this land
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film? 1.5 years
3. How would you describe your film in two words!? Unbiased and educational
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film? Cutting out hours of interviews
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video? So happy they really ‘got it’
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films? When it was clear that this story needed telling
7. What film have you seen the most in your life? Once upon a time in America, classic storytelling
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favourite meal? Friday night Shabbos dinner
11. What is next for you? A new film? The Jewish/mole conflict for kids