REUNITED, 12min,. Canada
Directed by Marie Queenan
Two exes reconnect over an evening. One wants to get back together, but the other has a secret that could separate them forever.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
---- I made this film months after a break up, and I was thinking about how I missed them and wanted to get back together, even though I didn't. The film is about how sometimes even though it's so beautiful, some love is not the right love.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
--- It was about 2 years, maybe 2.5 years. Which is wild to say.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
--- Complicated love
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
--- besides budget, it was our filming day. We filmed the whole thing in one day due to our location availability.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
-- I was awed that people connected to the characters and the story and I was so pleased that my split screen dream was enjoyed.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
-- I fell into it while waiting for my acting dreams to take off, took me a few years to find an agent so I decided I better start making it happen.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
-- uhm. That's tough. Chocolat has been one of my favorite movies since I was 8 or 9. But I've watch the Grinch Who Stole Christmas every year since I was 5, so potentially that one wins.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
-- I would love some zoom round table talks about films with the film makers who win awards at the festival. I think building filmmakers up and encouraging new film makers is always something I look forward too.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
--- FF is great 👍
10. What is your favorite meal?
-- anything cooked with love. Or an American Cheese burger with fries
11. What is next for you? A new film?
-- currently have a web series in post, very excited for it. And I'm writing a feature that my partner and I hope to film in 2025